Monday, August 20, 2012

Business Management

Prioritize to improve Success


Here are a few tips on setting priorities in order to improve your overall results in business:
1.     Prioritize tasks:
It is easy to be overwhelmed with a bunch of tasks that need to be done. Interruptions from emails, office distractions, telephone calls, and different tasks happening throughout the day. The key is to separate what is imperative from what is not. Complete activity on the most important tasks first rather than trying to working on several tasks at once. Delegate secondary tasks.
2.     Block your time:
By focusing on one task at a time, you tend to get less scattered. That may mean letting calls go to voicemail or logging out of your email account. I often find that when I get interrupted, I not only become less productive on the task I work on but I get distracted and start thinking about all the other things I have to do.
3.     Take Breaks and Reconnect:
Taking a break from work is essential to regroup and refuel both mentally and physically, but I find that when I haven’t checked email for an hour, I prefer to see what’s come in. When you have certain things turned off like your phone or are logged out of email, make time periodically to go in and check for messages.
4.     Refresh:
Whether you go for a jog at the end of the day or make a lunch date during the middle of the day you may find that a real break helps. Not only in the morning or at the end of the day, but in the middle. If your break is to do some chores and that helps you refocus, great.

If you focus and are conscious about what you need to accomplish and set priorities you will be more effective in achieving overall results.

No comments:

Post a Comment